How To Submit Local News
It couldn't be easier to submit news to your community website! The “Submit News” option will only show up in the menu when you are logged in for security reasons. If you have not yet created an account please click "Register".
How easy is it to submit news?
If you can fill out an online form you can submit a news article. Just enter your details into the online form, the server then creates a very professional-looking web page to display your article. You can include pictures straight from a digital camera, the server will automatically re-sized them for you.
Why post your news or events to this site?
Submitting articles is FREE, EASY and QUCK!
The form generates a professional display of your information
This site ranks Top 10 in Google for our local area
Your article is automatically broadcast in an E-mail (newsletters) to people who have subscribed to them
Facebook Like buttons are included in your articles allow readers to share with friends
This website is Syndicated which means it allows other websites to include its contents on their website (this includes links to your articles)
This site is the best way to promote you or your organization online in our area
What type of news is acceptable?
The primary focus of this website is our local area. Please make sure your news is related to our local area. Think of your article as a county-wide blog post. Here are some examples:
- Individuals could write about interesting memories of the past in our area. Or, simply what they enjoy about living here.
- A local business owner making hand-made furniture could write about the process and include some pictures.
- Chambers could write about the happenings at past or future festivals, or a behind-the-scenes look at a big event.
- Local governments can post public notices or post an answer to a question many people are contacting them about.
- Organizations could write about the success of a fund raiser and how the community helped support their cause.
- If you already maintain a blog you might modify your articles and re-post here for added exposure.
Can I promote my business and website in my articles?
Absolutely! Your community website simply needs content and we are happy to promote anyone willing to provide it.
Your articles will be front page county-wide content and also show up under the town you specify. Your community website solely focuses on this area and the people reading your articles will likely live here and be a potential customer. This is why your articles are a goldmine in promotion for your businesses or organization. Feel free to include your contact information in them. Just be sure that your articles are not simply an advertisement or readers will move on quickly. Try and make them interesting in some way. Portray a different perspective about what you're writing about.
- Don't forget to also add your business or organization to the County Directory!
- If you have a website please consider a link back and be sure to tell your friends about your community website. The more exposure your community website receives, the more exposure you receive!
What if I'm not good a writing?
Don't be afraid to post something and you don't need an editor. This is your forgiving home town community, not the New York Times. People who live here visit this website to see what's going on in their neck of the woods.
Just write your article inside your favorite word processor then simply copy and paste your article into the online form.
How can I get help if I have a question?